Property SummaryKEY FEATURES: -
• Established, individual family home in excellent position within sought after and well-served village.
• Approx. 2,775 SQ. FT. of well-appointed accommodation with quality fittings.
• Comprehensively fitted HOME OFFICE, potential guest suite with adjacent bathroom.
• Bespoke kitchen/breakfast room with Mackintosh shaker-style painted cabinets, granite counters and integrated appliances.
• Stunning 29 ft. CONSERVATORY with under floor heating, powered roof lights, remote controlled sun blinds and three sets of French doors opening to garden patio areas.
• Well-proportioned triple-aspect main reception with fireplace and ‘tilt and turn’ glass door to terrace and garden.
• Separate formal dining room.
• Master bedroom with en suite, three further bedrooms and family bathroom.
• Refitted bathrooms and cloakroom.
• Fully enclosed property accessed via secure electric oak gate with landscaped garden to rear, block pavers to front and sides with additional hard standing for caravan/horse trailer to side.
• DOUBLE GARAGE with twin remotely operated electric roller doors and additional parking suitable for caravan, boat etc.
Mill House is an imposing, bespoke residence offering wonderfully adaptable accommodation that would equally suit the largest of families or those looking for a comfortable home with the added benefit of ample entertaining or home working space. It occupies a prime position, being both close to the High Street and village stores and also a stone’s throw from the Bedfordshire open countryside that surrounds Riseley. Still occupied by the original owners, the property has been meticulously maintained and in recent years has been the subject of further improvement s such as replacement windows, a fully-equipped kitchen, refitted bathrooms, ‘Hive’ controlled heating system and the addition of a large all-weather conservatory.
Recently replaced composite front door with glazed panel leading to the tiled entrance vestibule which in turn opens onto the entrance hall with Karndean tile flooring, a guest cloakroom, integral cloaks cupboard and oak staircase rising to the first floor. Part-glazed oak framed doors access the principal rooms, including the triple aspect sitting room with attractive fireplace and flame-effect gas fire – and the separate formal dining room.
The beautifully crafted kitchen features granite counters and upstands and an extensive range of quality cabinets with carousel units, pull-out larders, refuse and recycling bins, concealed lighting and integrated appliances to include four Siemen ovens – combination/steam, large electric, microwave and warming/slow cooker - 5 burner gas hob with Elica extractor, Miele dishwasher and large Siemens zoned larder fridge, under counter sink with ‘Quooker’ boiling water tap and an extendable breakfast table. Bi-fold doors open from the kitchen to the 29ft conservatory and there are also bi-fold doors from the family room to the conservatory. The practical fully fitted utility room also features granite counters, tiled floor, Franke stainless steel Butlers sink, plumbing for washing machine and space for condenser dryer and large upright freezer. There is an internal door through to the double garage which has twin fitted motorized roller doors.
The spacious part galleried landing offers access to a large fully fitted master bedroom suite with shower room and walk-in linen store. There are three other good-size bedrooms with wardrobes and a large family bathroom. The bathrooms are fully tiled with contemporary suites and Karndean flooring.
6.30m x 5.40m (20' 8" x 17' 9")
3.30m x 3.10m (10' 10" x 10' 2")
5.00m x 3.10m (16' 5" x 10' 2")
8.90m x 4.50m (29' 2" x 14' 9") Overall
3.70m x 2.00m (12' 2" x 6' 7")
13' 5" x 13' 1" (4.10m x 4.00m)
En Suite Bathroom
First Floor Landing
6.00m x 5.30m (19' 8" x 17' 5")
En Suite Bathroom
13' 9" x 14' (4.20m x 4.27m)
4.00m x 3.50m (13' 1" x 11' 6")
3.50m x 2.70m (11' 6" x 8' 10")
Gardens and Garaging
Mill House is situated behind a high hedge boundary with an electrically operated gate giving access the block paved parking/turning space and the double garage. There is additional hard standing for perhaps a caravan or horse trailer.
Gated side access to the formal rear garden which is not overlooked and features paved pathway, patios and terrace, area of lawn surrounded by well stocked flower beds and a variety of mature shrubs and climbing plants. Two external power points.
6.00m x 5.30m (19' 8" x 17' 5")
Marketed by Town-and-Country.
Riseley is a very popular, thriving North Bedfordshire village with excellent access to both Bedford’s and Kimbolton’s amenities. There are lots of countryside walks and the village has its own Primary School and is within the catchment of the well regarded Sharnbrook Academy. There is a popular Public House/restaurant, well-stocked general store and well utilised village hall and green. Nearby Bedford’s mainline railway station offers fast and frequent services to London’s St Pancras International station. Bedford’s southern bypass links the A1 at the Black Cat roundabout with the M1 at Junction 13. Cambridge and Milton Keynes are easily accessible.
Back To Search